Remote Nurse Disease Mgmt II (RN) – OH, CT, GA, ME, IN, MO, VA, KY, WI, IL
- Clinical License RN
- State(s) CT, GA, IL, IN, KY, ME, MO, OH, VA, WI
Location: Work@Home in OH, CT, GA, ME, IN, MO, VA, KY, WI, IL. Must reside within a 1-hour commute of an Elevance Health Office.
Shift: Monday – Friday 11 am – 7:30 pm EST, 12:30 – 9 pm EST or 2:30 pm – 11 pm EST.
Sign on Bonus: $2000
How you will make an Impact:
The Nurse Disease Management II will be responsible for telephonic outreach, enrollment, and management of Disease Management members. Provides education and coordination to address gaps in care for multiple managed conditions to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of health services. Conducts assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of members through telephonic/call center setting. Responsible for participating in and delivery of more complex patient education and disease management interventions and performs health coaching for members, across multiple lines, for health improvement/management programs for chronic diseases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts behavioral or clinical assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills, and behavioral needs.
- Identifies and/or coordinates specific health coaching plan needs to address objectives and goals identified during assessments.
- Interfaces with provider and other health professionals to coordinate health coaching plan for the member.
- Implements and/or coordinates coaching and/or care plans by educating members regarding clinical needs and facilitating referrals to health professionals for behavioral health needs.
- Uses motivational interviewing to facilitate health behavior change.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of interventions and/or health coaching plans and modifies.
- Directs members to facilities, community agencies and appropriate provider/network.
- Refers member to catastrophic case management as appropriate.
- Serves as a resource to lower-leveled DM associates.
- Requires AS in nursing and minimum of 3 years of condition specific clinical or home health/discharge planning experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
Preferred Skills , Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Must be eligible for multi-state license.
- BS in nursing preferred.
- Prior case management experience preferred.
- Prior disease management experience preferred.
- Experience with Coronary Artery Disease and COPD a plus.
- Ability to meet necessary internet speed requirements and adhere to work at home agreement.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.