Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – New York
- Clinical License APRN, PMHNP
- State(s) NY
About the job
Our office specializes in Workers Compensation and currently only treat patients who were injured on the job. Our main office is located in Bay Shore, Suffolk County, Long Island, New York… however you have the option to work completely remote if you’d like. You can also create your own schedule, and decide what days/hours you’d like to work.
If hired, our office can assist in the process of applying to be a NYS Workers Compensation Board authorized provider.
Salary to be discussed and varies based on credentials/experience. Bilingual a plus.
This is a part-time and remote role for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work “under” Dr. Christina Vaglica and collaborate. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be **responsible for conducting patient assessments and evaluations, making diagnoses, developing treatment plans, and providing psychiatric medication management. In addition, they will provide psychotherapy and counseling services, and collaborate with the patient’s therapist and other providers as necessary.**
- Graduate of an accredited Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program
- Current, valid Nurse Practitioner license to practice in the State
- Current, valid DEA license for prescribing controlled substances
- Certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and other mental health treatments, as well as psychotherapy techniques and counseling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to provide compassionate care to patients and their families
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage patient caseloads, and prioritize tasks